25 Spotify Playlists That Will Power Your Workday
Are you not productive at work unless you have music playing in the cube? If you shook your head yes, you’re one of the two out of three people that listen to music in the workplace. Thirty-six percent of workers play music to help them get through the workday, and 20 percent of workers consider music a good distraction from their mundane job. Sixteen percent of workers play music to drown out their colleagues, and 10 percent have judged a colleague based on the music they play. Thirty-four percent of workers chose pop/chart music as a preferred workday music, whereas 29 percent reported rock as their preferred choice. Neither of these genres stand out to you? Here are 25 Spotify playlists that will power your workday.
- Music In The Workplace – Spotify partnered with an expert on music in the workplace, Dr. Anneli Haake, to research office-listening habits. Based on that, this playlist featuring Adele, Calvin Harris, and Gaga was created.
- The President’s Summer Playlist: Day – What better way to spend the workday than pretending it’s summer and you’re the president? This playlist made by POTUS features The Temptations, Stevie Wonder, and John Legend, and will ensure a productive workday – I mean what better to get you through the day than music that pumps up the president himself?
- Your Favorite Coffeehouse – Sip on your coffee while listening to these mellow tunes from Tyler Hilton, Parachute, and Jack Johnson. You’ll feel as though you’re transported out of the cube and into your favorite coffee house.
- Songs To Sing In The Shower – It may be frowned upon to burst out singing in the cubicle, but humming along to these great songs from Toto, Frankie Valli, and Michael Jackson will be sure to put you in a good mood.
- Greatest Songs Ever – An over 300-song compilation of some of the greatest tracks, this playlist will put a smile on your face. From the Star Wars theme to Sex Pistols to John Mayer, this playlist has a bit of everything.
- Mood Booster – Having a bad day (or just another Monday)? This playlist was created by Spotify to cure that with popular catchy songs; currently the playlist has hits from The Weeknd, Justin Bieber, and Avicii.
- Cubicle Jams – What better playlist for your workday than one that was specifically made by a user for her cubicle life? Songs from Rihanna, Ace of Base, and Blackstreet are just some featured on this 130+-song playlist.
- Productive Morning – Mornings are hard, especially when they’re spent at work. Listen to this playlist featuring Lights & Motion and Tracey Chattaway to help you focus.
- HipHop Fire – Even if you’re not the boss, this playlist featuring Drake, Jay Z, and Nas will let you feel like one.
- Sounds of Natural Ambience – Researches from Rensselear Polytechnic Institute found that employees were most productive while listening to ambient nature sounds. This playlist may be your best-kept productivity secret.
- Music For A Workday – Eight-hour workdays call for an 8-hour playlist; this one’s updated weekly with popular songs.
- Reddit’s Top 100 One Hit Wonders – Who doesn’t love a one-hit wonder? From Haddaway to Eiffel 65, these 100 one-hit wonders compiled from Reddit will make your workday a bit more entertaining.
- Wake Up Everybody – This new and classic soul tunes comprised of Earth, Wind, & Fire and R. Kelly will get your workday off to a great start.
- 100 Most Motivational Songs Ever – Need motivation to get you through the day? Here are 100 songs from artists such as Josh Groban and Green Day that can help.
- Movie Soundtracks – Ever sat in your cubicle pretending you’re starring in your own movie? These classical/instrumental movie soundtracks from Pirates of the Caribbean and Titanic are sure to be your greatest background music.
- Re-Energize – Need that second wind? Now you have it thanks to Kanye West, Skrillex, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
- While You Work – Don’t want to worry about switching playlists? This almost 193-hour playlist featuring artists such as Florence + The Machine, Passion Pit, and Artic Monkeys has you covered.
- Motivational Songs – Were the 100 most motivational songs ever not enough for you? Here are another 400+ songs featuring Daft Punk and Hoobastank.
- Happy Songs For Sad Days – Does being at work make you sad? These songs from artists such as Owl City, MGMT, and Lily Allen will be sure to make you happy.
- Walk In Like You Own The Place – Confidence is key, and just like the name of this playlist, these songs from artists like Drake and Eminem will have you feeling like you can do anything, including getting through the workday.
- Creativity Boost – Are you just not getting the inspiration you need? This playlist featuring Muse and Hozier may just give you the boost you need.
- Air Punch! – Five hours of songs from rock stars such as The Who, The Rolling Stones, and Van Halen – need I say more?
- I’m An 80s Baby – With many millennials being 80s babies, get through the workday with the best of your decade featuring songs from The Outfield, Phil Collins, and Culture Club.
- All Out 90s – All millennials were alive in the 90s, the decade with great music from House of Pain, Backstreet Boys, and Britney Spears. Relive the glory days all from the cubicle.
- I Hate My Job – Ah, an appropriate title indeed. Enjoy these job-themed songs from Modest Mouse, The Ramones, Dropkick Murphys, and more.
Music may technically not be able to make your workday any shorter, but these 25 playlists can help make it fly by faster. What’s your favorite playlist to listen to in your workplace?